A court in Argentina has revoked an arrest warrant that was issued for Justin Bieber for an alleged attack on a photographer in Buenos Aires in 2013, but the charges against him still stand, a court official said Wednesday.
The decision was confirmed by a court official familiar with the case who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to provide such information.
Judge Alberto Julio Banos had earlier ordered the “immediate detention” of Bieber and two of his bodyguards in connection with the alleged attack.
Although the international arrest order initially issued by Interpol in April has now been lifted, the charges against him have not been dropped and the court is still expected to set a date for questioning in the case, the court source said.
Bieber was accused of sending the bodyguards to attack a photographer outside a Buenos Aires nightclub during a 2013 South American tour. On the same trip, he apologized for defiling the Argentine flag on stage and got into trouble with police for allegedly spraying graffiti in Brazil and Colombia.
Bieber never returned to Argentina to respond to questions about the incident.
Argentine photographer Diego Pesoa has alleged that he was beaten on Nov. 9, 2013, by Bieber’s bodyguards outside a nightclub where the singer and his entourage were partying.